Account Settings (Tutorial)
updated over 1 year ago
This tutorial walks through every step when setting up your "Account Settings".
Step 1: Click "Settings" button in the profile / settings dropdown menu
It looks like this:
Step 2: Enter your “Business Details”
Complete all the requested fields and click SAVE.
Step 3: Personalise your account
Click on “Personalisation” in the sidebar menu on the left.
1. First you need to add your company logo, click “Choose an image” and add your logo.
2. Select your “Logo border” style. You have two options here:
a. “Rounded white border”
This option places a white rectangle with rounded corners behind your logo. Here’s a sample:
b. “No border”
This options places your logo directly on the background colour you choose (in a later step). Here’s a sample:
3. Select your “Email / PDF Headers”.
This determines what your header will look like in the emails and PDFs PPM generates for you. You have three options here:
a. “Show logo and company name”
b. “Show logo and tagline”
c. “Show logo only”
4. Enter your “Tagline”
5. Enter a full URL for your “Shortcut icon URL”. This is the image you want to appear in the tab at the top of the browser.
6. Move on to the next step to continue OR be sure to click the “Save” button on the left side of the screen if you are going to be stopping here for now :)
Once completed, your info will be displayed right next to your booking forms like this:
Luckily, the steps here are pretty simple :)
- Fill in your “First name”, your “Position / caption”, and attach a “Profile image”.
- Click the “Save” button to save your change to both your Branding and your Public Point-of-Contact.
Stay on the “Personalisation” tab and move your attention over to the right side of the page where it says “Theme / Custom colours”.
Here you can use our handy colour selector tool, or if you know the Hex Code of your colours, you can enter them manually.
Don’t forget to click the “Save” button to save your changes.
Excellent, your account is now officially personalised, good work :)
Step 4: Payments / Deposits settings
Click on “Payments / Deposits” in the sidebar menu on the left.
These settings are used on your Booking Forms and Finalisation Form.
There are two options:
- Total Price Only
- In this option, your clients will see only the total price, without a further breakdown of fees
- Packages + Extras + Supplements + Fuel - Discounts = Total
- In this option, your clients will see the fees broken down into a categorised list of price sub-totals
Let's look at each field one-by-one:
- First Payment Policy
- Choose if you want clients to be able to pay only their deposit upfront or allow them to pay the full gig fee upfront
- Deposit Payment Options
- Choose the default payment methods you'll accept for the "First Payment"
- Final Balance Policy
- Choose if the final balance is due in advance or if payment will be required on the day of your event
- Final Balance Payment Options
- Choose the default payment methods you'll accept for the "Final Balance"
When you click to select a payment option, you’ll see it gets added like so:
You can remove your selection at any time by clicking on the “X”
If you offer 'Bank transfer' as a payment option, your account details will be presented to your client, along with the required payment amount and a unique reference number.
If you offer PayPal as a payment option, your clients will be transferred directly to PayPal. The relevant booking will automatically be set to 'Booking secured' status following successful payment.
Be sure to click “Save” when you’re done!
- If, by default, you prefer to take a fixed amount for your deposit, for example “$50”, then enter that amount in the “Fixed amount” box.
- If you prefer a percentage, enter the percentage amount in the “Percentage” box.
- Once you’re done, click “Save” to save your changes.
Even if you set a default Deposit Calculation here, you can always override it for an individual booking later on if need be :)
If you don't charge sales taxes, you have nothing to do here.
If you do charge taxes, then:
- Check the box that says "Enable VAT-related features"
- If you want your booking and enquiry forms to indicate that you charge taxes, be sure to check the box that says "Indicate VAT on enquiry / booking form"
- In the "Applicable tax" box, type in the name of the taxes your charge. Examples: VAT, HST, TAX
Step 5: Add/Update ‘Account Contact’ info
Click on “Account Contact” in the sidebar menu on the left.
: Details entered in this area are used solely for communication between us and you. None of these details will be published or otherwise shared with any third party.
Just fill in the details and click “Save”.
Step 6: Integrations
Click on “Integration” in the sidebar menu on the left.
In this section, you have the option to connect (integrate) your PPM account with your PayPal and Google Calendar accounts.
Enter the email associated with your PayPal account.
Be sure to click “Save” to save your changes.
First, pick the “Integration mode” that you’d like. There are three modes for your Google Calendar Integration you can choose:
1. Inbound integration
In 'Inbound' mode, events from the connected Google calendar will be directly overlaid on your PPM calendar. You will then be able to easily import them individually, converting them into full PPM bookings.
This feature is particularly helpful when "moving in" to PPM. If you have all your events currently booked already saved in a Google Calendar, activate this Inbound integration so that you can easily see ALL of your bookings in one place
2. Outbound integration
In 'Outbound' mode, new/updated PPM enquiries/bookings will have corresponding events created in the linked Google calendar.
This mode temporarily or permanently disables your integration.
Next, connect YOUR Google Calendar. Here’s how...
- Enter your Google Calendar access code → click here to get this code, you’ll need to log into your Google account and follow their on-screen instructions
- If you have a specific calendar you want to integrate with, enter its Calendar ID here, otherwise leave blank and your Primary calendar will be displayed by default.
To get a specific Calendar ID:
- In the Google Calendar interface, locate the "My calendars" area on the left.
- Hover over the calendar you need and click the downward arrow.
- A menu will appear. Click "Calendar settings".
- In the "Calendar Address" section of the screen, you will see your Calendar ID. It will look something like "firstname.lastname@example.org".
If you’ve chosen “Outbound integration” mode, additional options appear for you to customise how your PPM events are displayed on your calendar.
Update your options and click “Save”.
Step 7: Fine-Tuning / Terminology
Click on “Fine-Tuning / Terminology” in the sidebar menu on the left.
This section covers a few miscellaneous items to make sure PPM is set up and doing things the way YOU like them done
1. “Display home link (top left)”
Do you want your booking form pages to have a “HOME” link at the top left corner that links back to your main website? If yes, make sure this box is checked!
2. “Display phone number (top right)”
Do you want your booking form pages to display your phone number in the top right corner of the page? If yes, make sure this box is checked!
3. “Show on calendar entries”
This determines the information that is displayed in your PPM calendar view.
You have two options here:
- “Client Info”
- “Asset selections”
Select the option you prefer
4. “Include ‘remaining balance’ when providing booking information to staff”
Do you want your staff to see the ‘remaining balance’ amount? If yes, make sure this box is checked!
5. “Show both calendar entries for bookings with two proposed dates (until ‘date agreed’ is set)”
If you propose two dates to a client for their event (or your client suggests two different dates in their enquiry), do you want both dates showing on your PPM Calendar until one is finalised? If yes, make sure this box is checked!
6. “Preferred Date” label
Is there some other term you’d rather use for this on your forms? Maybe you’d rather say "Date" or "Date of event", just change it here! Of course, you can also leave it blank and the default “Preferred Date” will apply.
7. “Preferred Time” label
Is there some other term you’d rather use for this on your forms? Maybe you’d rather say “Time” or “Entertainment Time”, just change it here! Of course, you can also leave it blank and the default “Preferred Time” will apply.
Click “Save” to save your changes